Sunday 12 July 2015

A 'New' EVO XB ..

So new is not really the case :)

I got a bargain on eBay, £30 including postage I thought was not bad.. the pics showed general ware and damage... and the seller was open about the scratches on the chassis so I knew I was getting a well used car but that's fine. I already have a set of blue ally up grades I wanted to use anyway.

The prob with it once I got it out of the box was the little stuff you can't see on photos, I was ready for some of it but not all :)

The shock mounts I thought might have some bend in them but wow... ones almost 60 degrees hahah and the shock pistons are very very bent on all four corners..the dogbones are also like boomerangs and I'll need to get new for them also...

The main thing though are the diff cases, the lower mounts on both front and back have been split :(

So what I was hoping to be a clean, polish and bling needs at least another £20 of parts. I'm still happy with the buggy as overall it's still a bargain at £50. The drive train is fine, the diffs are perfect and it's going to make a fantastic loaner to my friends...

Just always be prepared for more jobs then you think when you buy second hand.

Check out the bent pistons on the shocks... oh and the shock mount shown is the least bent one! It looked okay on the eBay photo haha.


And now... the front end with the parts I've had for a while.. I still need to get a new diff case but that can wait for a couple of weeks.


By the start of August I should have a nice blue bling and updated runner for a loaner and my own gold bling updated and tuned runner/racer ... they will look really cool on the pit shelf that's for sure.


No comments: